Advantages of linen
- Linen fabric is 3 times stronger and 5 times more resistance for abrasion and more shiny than cotton.
- Linen doesn‘t make allergic reactions and is like natural antiseptic, less mud, soap and whiting residues remain in the fabric, so linen is very suitable for even small kids and people who have problems with skin.
- After each washing the fabric becomes softer and less wrinkly.
- Linen fabric doesn‘t turn yellowish, but becomes whiter and gentler after time.
- Linen fabric goes damp and dry very soon, that is why the fabric warms during cold night and cools the body during hot midday.
- Linen fabric is resistance to static electric load.
- Linen in comparison with other fabrics makes the best microclimate for the skin, i.e. it is permeable to air, absorbs dampness and sweat (linen fabric can absorb 20 % its weight and still be dry) that is why the skin doesn‘t swelter. This is very actual to the people who‘s skin is very sensitive or has eczema.
- Linen fabric is ecological because it is absolutely does not leave any waste doesn‘t make any harm to nature and ecology.
- Linen fabric doesn‘t go dirty so soon because have small hairs on the surface which are slippy, plain and do not take dirt.
- Linen creases very quickly but these characteristic creases are the sign of authenticity and good quality.
- Linen decreases in a half the influence of radiation and protects human‘s organism from ultraviolet.
- Linen fabric is used for protective garments of the spacemen and for protection of the spaceships outside. Also USD banknotes, paper for cigarettes and Bibles are produced from linen.
Nowadays still can appear persons who will say that linen is not comfortable to use or is not fashionable, but this is not true. If you bought product from linen, be sure that you invested into luxury, natural item and functionality.
Discover all the best linen characteristics in AB „Linas“ products.
In order to use all the best linen characteristics, to enjoy the longevity and quality of products, it is necessary to know the main details and tricks how to take care of linen items.
Linen can be washed by hands, in the machine or dry cleaning could be applied. Bleaching washing agents are suitable for white linen, but colored linen should be washed with soft washing agents or soft soap. Also bleaching agent which have chlorite are not recommended because they can destroy fabric structure. If the water which is used for washing is lime-water, then we suggest to add softener, especially when washing darker items. Never wash together white and dark fabrics. If you wash products in washing machine, do not overload it and let the linen item to move easily. In other case it can become striped. Please remember, if there are other materials in the linen fabric, then you have to pay attention into the characteristics of these materials when washing the items. Both, washing by hands and in the washing machine, the products must be rinse carefully.
The advantage of dry cleaning is that you got the items carefully ironed. We recommend the dry cleaning for curtains and roman blinds in dry-cleaner’s – you will avoid the shrinkage of items.
If any kind of stain appeared on the fabric, you can eliminate it by using detergent, but first of all try it on invisible part of garment. Let the detergent soak into the fabric, keep for two-three minutes and wash. If the detergent didn’t leave any visible changes, didn’t bleach the color, then you can use it for the garment. In no case use the detergent in washing machine.
The drying could be done in the machine and in natural way. Linen will be crumpled after washing, so the washed and easily wringed out fabric should be properly hanged. As linen is drying very well, it is very important not to let it dry too much because it will be hard to iron it.
The best way to iron linen products when they still a little bit damp: first of all it will be easier to iron and no additional dampness will be needed. It is recommended to iron the wrong side of fabric – you will protect linen from smoothness, shining and color fading. Use the hot iron (3 dots) with steam to iron the creases. Leave linen items a little bit damp after ironing and hang them in cool, dry and well ventilated room. Let the items to dry completely.
Linen is one of the oldest natural vegetative fiber. Even 5000 years BC linen garments were worn in Egypt and linen fabric was sacred and was used during prays and sacrifice, also for the mummification of Egypt pharaohs. The Lithuanian people were growing linen many years ago. The national Lithuanian songs and tales are mentioning about linen: linen growing, snatching and spinning. The linen is named like sainted plant, sward of sun and corn of women.
Linen fabric is the most acceptable and favorable material for human’s organism: everything what is useful for a person the fabric passes in and what is harmful – doesn’t pass. Linen cell perfectly matches with human’s cell and creates the favorable effect for human’s organism.
Products from linen are widely used at home because of their strength and practicality – they don‘t worn so quickly and it is easy to wash them. Fabrics quickly absorb humidity, so they are especially suitable for towels. Products with special coatings, e.g. tablecloths, are very easy handle and are possible to use even for outside furniture. Also linen absorbs sudden temperature fluctuation, so it is very suitable for sauna and bath products. Linen products are not only attractive but also ecological and antiallergic, so the best choice is linen bedding which you will use for very long period. It was scientifically proved that it is easier to sleep in linen bedding and the sleep is much more qualitative.
Exclusive characteristics of linen
More or less, but all natural fiber fabrics shrink after washing. We can offer special finishing S4 for whom it is very important. This finishing minimizes fabric shrinkage after washing. Besides, it is recommended to wash fabric before sewing.
Natural linen has characteristic to crease, but do not forget that linen has to crease as this is the unique and exclusive fiber. If you want to reduce creasing we recommend to choose fabric which have other fibers in their composition (cotton, viscose) or to choose fabric with special easy care finishing LPA which minimizes fabric creasing after washing. It is important to know that fabric becomes less creasy and softer after each washing.
Linen is hard to iron.
Such opinion has those who do not know the main linen ironing rule – to iron damp items. One more way is our easy care finishing LPA which minimizes items creasing after washing and it is easier to iron them. But the main helper in this situation is fashion, because now washed and not ironed garments are very fashionable – you wash, dry and wear them.